Friday, October 1, 2010

Back-to-School Granola Bites

These make a great after-school snack. I also like to put them in my kids' lunch instead of a treat! They are the perfect size to satisfy a sweet tooth without making you feel guilty! :)

1/4 cup natural nut butter (peanut, almond, etc)
1/4 cup honey
2 tbs butter
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup puffed grain cereal (I like Kashi 7 whole grain Puffs and I can get them wholesale by the case of 12 if anyone wants some)
1/4-1/3 cup dried fruit or chocolate chips (Of course I prefer them with chocolate but my kids will happily eat them with raisins!)
1. In a medium saucepan combine nut butter, honey and butter. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, until completely smooth.
2. Remove pan from heat and stir in oats and cereal. Add dried fruit or gently fold in chocolate chips (they well get all melty and you'll have chocolate swirling through your bites but they still taste yummy!).
3. Press into greased mini muffin pan or gently shape into balls on greased cookie sheet. Place in fridge until set.
4. Remove from pan or cookie sheet and place in air-tight container. Store in fridge.

2 comments:

Shay said...

I'm so glad you put this one on here! I was looking through the ones on the email and I couldn't find it. Yay, I was going to ask you for it and now I don't have to :)

Aldred Family said...

Love this! Thanks!