Monday, August 11, 2008

Pesto-Ranch Chicken Salad

My cousin made this one last week at our reunion and she just threw it together without measuring, so I'm going to give it my best guess. It was so yummy!

1 lb farfalle (bowties) pasta, cooked and rinsed
1/2 cup fresh or store-bought pesto
1/2 16 oz bottle light ranch dressing
aprox. 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (can use rotisserie)
1 cup shredded parmesan
1/2 cup pine nuts (even better if you toast them first)
aprox. 1 1/2-2 cups frozen peas
aprox. 1/2-1 cup craisins (optional)

Combine the dressing and the pesto in medium bowl. Place all ingredients in very large bowl and stir to combine. Makes a great meal on a bed of lettuce.

2 comments:

vicky said...

That looks great! I am so glad you guys have been full of so many fun recipes. My family thanks you!

Gilbert Family said...

That does sound really good! I love anything recipe that calls for pesto and pinenuts.