Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Few of Kim's Easy Favorite's

Hi Friends:
Amie has been challenging me to post a few recipes and I now have a chance to do so. I am all about easy recipes where I usually have all on ingredients on hand. Here are a few of my favorites:

Easy Fruit Dip:
1/2 C Sugar
1/2 C Brown Sugar
Tsp Vanilla
8 oz Cream cheese (Room temp)

Mix well and crunch up your favorite candy bar or Heath or Skor Bits. Mix in and serve with fruit.

Chicken Tortilla soup:
Large can of diced tomatoes (I use the spicy kind)
1 can of corn (juice and all)
1 can of cream of corn (you can also sub this for another can of corn)
2 cans of water
cooked chicken (I just use a can of Costco chicken)
2 tsp chicken soup base or 2 bullion cubes
1 tsp chili powder (or one package chili seasoning)
1/2 -3/4 C salsa (I use pace Medium)
Salt and Garlic powder to taste
Stir and heat until warm or sometimes I throw mine in the crock pot at lunch time on low.
Top with cilantro, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips. (I love cilantro and sour cream so I put mine right in the pot.)
This recipe is so versatile, I bet you could even add black beans if you wanted. Maybe I'll have to try that sometime.

Britty's Blueberry Fruit Salad:
1 16 oz. Cool Whip
16 oz. Sour cream
1 can of Blueberry Pie filling
1 can of sweetened condensed milk

Mix well and serve chilled!

I don't know is someone has already posted this, I have given this recipe to a lot of people.

Rich Chocolate Cake:
1 chocolate cake mix (I use double chocolate or chocolate fudge)
1 big box of instant chocolate pudding
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chocolate chips

Bake as directed on the box but add 10-12 minutes onto the baking time. This is moist and yummy!

2 comments:

Karen said...

They sound so good! Thanks for sharing.

Amie said...

I am so proud of you Kimberly! They all look great! Thanks.:)