Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Carmel Corn

This is one of my very favorite recipes! It is cheap, yummy, and makes a lot!
3 bags of butter microwave popcorn (already popped)
1 stick of butter
1 cup of Karo syrup
1 cup of dark brown sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Sort through the popcorn and get all the kernels out ina big bowl. Let it completely cool before beginning the next part. (That way it does not shrink when you pour the hot mixture on top!)
Melt the stick of butter in a pan, and get it boiling. Then add sugar & syrup. Continually mix, while bringing it to a boil. Once it is rapidly boiling, take it off the heat and add the milk. Mix thoroughly. Put it back on the heat, and boil it once again!
Then just pour it on the popcorn. Mix really well & enjoy!

3 comments:

Amie said...

yum. Thanks Brittany. Love the colorful post too!

The Wards said...

Yes, this is delicious and I'm so glad I can now make it myself!!

Gilbert Family said...

Sounds great! I can't wait to try it!