Tuesday, July 1, 2008

anything-goes pizza

This is a great last-minute meal that uses whatever you have on hand.

Start by rolling out your homemade or store-bought pizza dough (I make mine in the food processor and will be happy to share the recipe if you're interested). Brush the dough with a little bit of olive oil (I drizzle a little on the dough and spread it with a paper towl). Top with any combination of the following : left-over cooked, diced chicken, small pieces of ham, chopped cooked spinach, sliced tomatoes, shelled edamame, minced herbs, chopped onion, minced garlic....or anything you have on hand that your family likes. top with shreded cheese of your liking and bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes.

We tried it the other night with chicken, some cooked, chopped spinach from the garden and mozzarella it was so yummy. I have done it with other combinations of the above ingredients too and we haven't had one we didn't like.

4 comments:

Emily said...

This sounds really good. My kids love homemade pizza because they can help with the toppings.

Brittney said...

that sounds delicious! I think I just found what I am going to make Britt Robb when I feed her family. Thanks! I love his website, thanks for the invite!

Zandra said...

Do you use your homemade marinara for the sauce or do you skip the sauce? Just wondering.

Amie said...

Sorry Zandra! I just noticed your question. When I am making it with veggies and chicken I don't ust sauce, just brush it with olive oil. If you want a more traditional pizza you can use your favorite sauce. I have done it with my sauce before and it's yummy too!