Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Easy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

I don't have an actual recipe for this so bear with me.

1 yellow or white cake mix with all ingredients it needs (on the box) to make the cake
1 can pineapple slices
butter/margarine
brown sugar

(when mixing the cake mix and it asks for water...use the pineapple juice from the canned pineapple first. So, if it says 1 cup water and you only have like 3/4 cup pineapple juice use that and then just add 1/4 cup water.)

Preheat the oven to whatever degree it says on the cake mix box. Put some butter in the bottom of the pan and put it in the oven to melt while you mix the other ingredients.
Take it out when it is melted and cover the bottom of the pan with brown sugar. I don't have a specific measurement for the butter or the brown sugar because I usually put a TON! Do it to your liking. ( a lot is good!).

Put the pineapple in the bottom of the pan.

Pour the cake mix on top of the pineapple/butter/brown sugar and bake for the time it says on the cake mix box. I usually watch just to make sure. It will be a little brown and sometimes brown around the edges from the butter, but you can do a toothpick test to be sure.

I love it warm...so I cut and serve as soon as possible out of the oven.
I never flip the cake onto another surface or anything...why? It's upside-down already! That makes it right-side up! It's delicious no matter what.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Amie said...

ooooh yummy! Thanks Andrea!