Tuesday, August 12, 2008

two fresh Avocado Salsas

Morgans Salsa:

2-3 avocados (diced)
6 Roma tomatoes (diced)
1 small can of corn (or fresh off the cob but you will have to cook it first)
1 can black beans
1/2 onion (finely chopped)
garlic salt (to taste)
Italian dressing (to taste)

*My sister in law made this at our last family dinner and it was delicious with some corn chips.

My usual avocado salsa:

2-3 avocados (diced)
6 Roma tomatoes (diced)
a handful of cilanto (chopped)
3 green onions (thinly sliced)
2-3 limes (squeeze juice, to taste)
finely chopped garlic (to taste)
1 small can corn
1 jalapeno (finely chopped and seeded)
salt (to taste)

*I use this recipe for lots of things...chips, salads, enchiladas, tacos, whatever sounds good! Also, the picture above is the last batch of salsa I made with some of our tomatoes from our garden (not Romas) and some from the Herfels garden. It turned out really good and I didn't use corn, avocados or green onions ( I used a Vidalia onion instead) so it's a versatile recipe.

5 comments:

Brittney said...

looks really yummy! That just made me want to run out and buy chips ans scrape them against my computer screen, hoping to scoop up some salsa! Delicious!

Amie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amie said...

Okay, so I don't know what happened to my first comment, sorry. Brittney, you are so funny. This does look yummy. It makes me want to go out and get some tomatoes from my yard to try. Thanks Laura!

Karen said...

We love fresh salsa! I bet Jeremy would love these recipes, because I don't put avacado in mine. But, he doesn't like cilantro. Silly man, huh?!

Emily said...

Mmm, these sound so good. I love, love, love avacados. I can't wait to try it.