Thursday, October 9, 2008

guacamame

This is another Family Fun recipe that I tried this week. My kids loved it which is great because it's pretty good for you. It's called "guacamame" because it's kind of similar to a simple guacamole but you use edamame instead of avacado. We had it with FoodShouldTasteGood Multi-grain tortilla chips that I got at Costco-yum!




RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
1 pound shelled edamame (these soybeans are available in the frozen-foods section at grocery stores-I actually buy them with the shells at Costco and shell them myself to save money. It takes 2 of the small boxes that come in the Costco container)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
5 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper (optional)
1. Puree all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until the mixture is smooth. Makes 2 1/2 cups.

No comments: