Friday, October 3, 2008

Baked Ziti

This recipe is from my friend Melanie. It is easy and so delicious.

Makes 10 servings

INGREDIENTS:
1 (16 oz) pkg dry ziti pasta
1 onion, chopped
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/4 lb. italian sausage
1 (26 ounce) jar traditional spaghetti sauce
1 (26 ounce) jar Italian Sausage & Garlic spaghetti sauce
1 (8 ounce) pkg provolone cheese, sliced
1 (8 ounce) pkg mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 1/2 c sour cream
1/8 c grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS:
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta and cook until al dente (about 8-10 minutes); drain.

In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a deep 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer in the following order: 1/2 of the ziti, provolone, mozarrella, sour cream, and sauce mixture. Then top with the remaining ziti, provolone, mozzarella, sour cream, and sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.

*This recipe makes a large dish so make sure that you use a deep 9x13 dish or a larger baking dish. Also, I have always just used cheddar or mozarella cheese, because that is what I have on hand. I'm sure the provolone would be delicious though!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I have to say that my Family and I had been sick and Lexie brought us dinner. It was this Baked Ziti and french bread recipe. I begged her to post it on the Blog so here it is. It is so good! Even lily ate every bite without me asking! Thank you so much Lexie.

trent said...

A new family favorite,Thanks!--Emily