Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Greek spaghetti with chicken


We just tried this one tonight and it was really yummy! I adapted it from a similar recipe that I found online. The original had some harder to find ingredients and didn't list amounts for everything...here is my version:

2 Tbsp olive oil
1 diced onion
2 garlic cloves diced
2 cans of diced tomatoes with liquid
1 1/2 cups cubed, skinless, boneless chicken (not cooked-I just used 8 tenders because that's what I had in the freezer)
1/2 can Black and/or green olives, pitted and halved (I tried it with black for the kids' sake)
artichoke hearts (optional-I used about a 1/2 cup and chopped them to bite-size pieces)
1 tbs fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
salt and pepper
5 oz of feta cheese (other options would be cream cheese or goat cheese. I happened to have cream cheese in the fridge so I used that. It was yummy, but I think the feta would be even better!)
1 lb pasta (it was great with spaghetti noodles)

*Brown chicken in olive oil with onion and garlic. Add other ingredients except cheese and pasta and simmer until liquid is reduced by about half and tomatoes are falling apart. You will want start the water for your pasta now (make sure to salt the water well). When sauce is reduced and tomatoes are falling apart, add cheese and cook until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Remove from heat. Once your noodles are done and drained combine them with the sauce and enjoy!
*Sprinkle the top with toasted pine nuts and you can use it for company with a nice simple arugula salad!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: