Friday, June 27, 2008

Laura's BBQ Chicken Sante Fe Salada

I got this recipe from Laura, and we tried it tonight. It was really yummy and refreshing from the heat:

BBQ chicken sliced (we cooked on the grill)
Chopped Romaine lettuce
1 can black beans
1 can corn (we didn't use corn, just because I can't eat cold corn)
olives
tomatoes (we had fresh salsa instead of just plain tomatoes)
shredded cheese
homemade ranch dressing (I used the buttermilk recipe)
BBQ sauce
crushed tortilla chips

Grill chicken with BBQ sauce and slice. Put salad together with whatever toppings you like, then drizzle BBQ sauce and Ranch on top with crushed tortilla chips. You can add whatever else you want. This is alot like a Rumbi salad that I just love! Thanks Laura - I can tell this will be a regular with us during the summer. The other great part about it is that Jeremy has to cook the chicken on the grill, and I just get the toppings together. Easy!

No comments: