Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Asian Chicken Salad

One of our favorite Summer Salads is this recipe:

2-4 chicken breasts
Marinate chicken breasts in 1/4c. soy sauce and 1/4c. sugar. Then cook on the grill and cut into pieces.

Take:
1 head lettuce (I like Romaine)
2 T. slivered almonds
wonton skins, sliced and fried (can omit if you want, but they are really good in)
1 bunch green onions, sliced

Combine all ingredients and add dressing just before serving.

Dressing:
2 T. sugar
1/2 t. pepper
1 t. salt
1/4 c. oil
1 t. sesame oil
3 T. rice vinegar

I have also made the dressing out of:
2 T. white vinegar
2 T. sugar
1/4 c. oil
dash of salt and pepper
(this dressing is easier, and I usually have this stuff on hand)

I also like to add Mandarin oranges to the salad.

5 comments:

The Wards said...

Yummy!!! I have questions about the wonton skins. I'll save myself from embarrassment and just ask you in person!!!!

Gilbert Family said...

sounds great! I love that you have two different ways of making the dressing...I never have the right ingredients on hand!

Emily said...

I am so glad you posted this recipe. I have seen this salad at some potluck parties and wished I had the recipe. I can't wait to try it.

Zandra said...

I know this is a late response but this sounds delicious. I'm with Marcie though- where do you get wonton skins?

Karen said...

Wonton skins are the wrappers for making wontons. They are like a pastry type thing. You find them in the produce area by where all of the asian style stuff is. For instance, at WalMart they are in the produce by the bagged salads. I have some in my fridge if you want to see what they look like. Then you just fry them in oil and they are just a crispy crunch that you can add to the salad. Does that make sense? I'm happy to show you, come on over.