Thursday, June 12, 2008

Apple Dumplings


This recipe is SO easy and so yummy. I feel like it's already been published to the entire state of Utah but for those few remaining women who haven't seen it...here you go:


2 Granny Smith Apples (peeled, cored and cut into 1/8's)

2 Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

2 sticks of butter

1 (12 oz) can Mountain Dew or Sprite

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla

cinnamon


Butter 9/13 pan ( I use one of the sticks of butter before melting it)

Take the two sticks of butter, vanilla and the sugar and melt over medium heat until bubbly.

Wrap each apple slice in a crescent roll and place in pan, then pour butter/sugar mixture over top of crescent rolls. Then pour Mt. Dew over top of all of it and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

(Marcie Ward is the one who gave me this yummy recipe, I think she is full of great recipes so thanks Marcie)

4 comments:

Amie said...

I have not seen this one! It looks divine! Thanks Laura!

Amie said...

p.s. does Marcie have an email address? I did not see one on the ward website. Thanks!

Gilbert Family said...

Amie...she does have an email and I will invite her to the blog :) I will send you her email as well.

Karen said...

I haven't seen this recipe either! Very excited to have it.