Monday, July 20, 2009

Dad's Buttermilk Pancakes

A group of us spent the weekend in Bryce Canyon while eight amazing people ran the 1/2 marathon. Rick and I were in charge of Breakfast one morning and this is what we made. I grew up on these Pancakes and my Dad made them almost every Saturday morning. They have made me kind of a pancake snob because they are so yummy. I served them with Misty's Nauvoo Syrup she just posted. She gave me the recipe a while ago and it is amazing. Thanks Misty!

1 cup flour
1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
2 eggs
3 Tbsp. oil
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt

Blend well and pour individually onto a non-stick greased griddle. Turn when bubbles begin to pop. (Golden Brown)
Makes 12-16 Pancakes (If you were there this weekend, I tripled the recipe)

2 comments:

The Wards said...

I'm not a huge pancake fan, but I'm really excited to try these to see if I can change. :)

Gilbert Family said...

Marci...you will be FOREVER changed, they are INCREDIBLE! You have to eat them with the Nauvoo syrup, it's DIVINE!

Thanks Kim for posting that, I can't wait to eat them again!