Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cold Oatmeal

This recipe sounds a little weird, but it is so yummy! I do have to admit, the first time I had it I wasn't very excited. But it has totally grown on me and I love it. My kids LOVE it! They ask for it almost every morning for breakfast, plus for snacks during the day.

1 1/2 C. quick oats
1/2 C. old fashioned oats
1/4 C. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 C. raisins (optional)

Mix all ingredients and put in sealed container in the fridge overnight. Serve with bananas, pecans, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, craisins, applesauce...whatever you have on hand, on top. My favorite is bananas and pecans. Also, I have done equal parts old fashioned and quick oats and it still works just fine. All old fashioned oats works, but it's not quite as good.

1 comment:

Gilbert Family said...

sounds delicious, I can't wait to try it!