Friday, January 22, 2010

"Award winning" Burger

KRISPY KREME BURGER

NOTE: this is not for anyone who is counting calories or is prone to heart burn!!

4 Krispy Kreme Donuts
1 lb Ground Beef
8 slices of center cut bacon
4 slices Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Mix ground beef with salt, pepper, some worcestershire sauce (1 tbsp). Form into 4 patties. Grill hamburgers on whatever grill you want (we used our electric skillet). Cook bacon. Slice Krispy Kremes in half and place (non glazed) side on grill and cook for 1-2 mins. Place cheese on burger to melt right before serving. Place cheeseburger and 2 slices of bacon on grilled donut and enjoy!

*my family had a burger contest last Halloween and this was the one I entered. You might think it sounds gross but it won 1st place (out of 12 burgers)! I actually saw it on the show "Man vs Food" and copied him. It was actually really good! Try it if you dare :)

3 comments:

vicky said...

I HAVE to believe you when you say it's good but honestly, I could never put it into my mouth. The thought disturbs me. :)

Gilbert Family said...

I know Vicky...it sounds gross (and let's be honest, it is pretty gross mixing a fatty hamburger with a donut) but as far as taste goes...it's pretty darn good! It's the whole sweet/salty thing!! Everyone doubted it until they tried it and then they all voted for it and I won :)

Karen said...

We LOVE Man Vs Food, so we'll have to try it. But, we'll have to wait for the summer so we can get some exercise before and after.