Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Garlic Chicken Pizza


I made this last night (much to Spencer's skepticism) and it was a surprising hit. We practically fought over who got to eat the leftovers today! It's a basic chicken alfredo pizza recipe with some added flavors and toppings.

1 pizza crust
1 1/2 cups of your favorite alfredo sauce (I used a canned roasted garlic alfredo because I didn't have all of the ingredients to make my own)
1/2 envelope of Italian dressing mix
2 cups shredded chicken
3 T minced garlic, divided
Italian seasoning
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
3 green onions, chopped

1. Heat oven to 425 F
2. Make your favorite pizza crust. (I have one we always use if you don't have one) Roll out onto pizza pan or stone to desired thickness
3. Saute chicken in a pan with 1 T minced garlic. Season with Italian seasonings to taste
4. Mix 2 T minced garlic and Italian dressing mix with alfredo sauce. Spread onto pizza dough.
5. Add chicken on top of sauce. Then top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Then top with chopped tomatoes and green onions. Bake for 5 more minutes

2 comments:

jessvb05 said...

Thanks Zandra! I have this on the menu for next week. Yum. It'll be nice to make a new type of pizza instead of my usual Canadian Bacon and Pineapple

Karen said...

This sounds so good! I think you should post your pizza crust recipe too. I have one, but I'm not too wild about it.