Monday, September 29, 2008

Sweet chips and salsa


We are having this healthier treat for FHE tonight. It's so yummy and perfect for this time of year. I got it from Family Fun Magazine a couple of years ago (I really like that magazine).

For the Salsa:
1 1/3 cups peeled, cored, and diced apple
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons apricot preserves (I like my neighbor's delicious apricot freezer-jam, but regular store-bought works too!:))
1/8-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (the original recipe said 1/8 tsp, but I love cinnamon and it's really good for you so I use more)

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, then cover and refrigerate the mixture until chilled.

For the chips:
5 (6-inch) or 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas (white or wheat will work)
2 Tbs butter, melted
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 Tbs sugar

Brush the tortillas with butter, then cut into wedges. Arrange the wedges on a greased baking sheet, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, and bake at 350 until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let them cool before serving. Serves 4-6

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey, Amie, I LOVE reading all these recipes and have tried several now - delicious! I wouldn't mind sharing some of my recipes, too. Could I join the sight and/or could I email some recipes to you to post? Let me know! THANKS!

Jennifer Reynolds

Amie said...

Hey Jenn. I would love to have some of your recipes on here. I actually sent you an invitation a couple of weeks ago. I know that they sometimes go the junk folders. I'll send another one and you watch your junk folder just in case. If it doesn't work this time let me know and we'll figure it out.

The Wards said...

Yummy!!! I have treats for tonight, but I can't wait for next week!!!