Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stromboli


This might be a no-brainer for some but I just discovered it and I LOVE it! This is the recipe I made but you can mix it up however you like

1 package refrigerated pizza dough
1/2 cup pizza sauce
turkey salami slices (about 15)
turkey pepperoni slices (about 20)
1 cup mozzarella cheese
olive oil
Italian seasoning

roll out pizza dough on floured surface. Spread the pizza sauce on 1/2 the dough. Top with cheese, salami and pepperoni and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Fold the other half of dough over top and cinch the ends together. Add a little olive oil on top and brush on dough then sprinkle some more Italian seasoning on top. Bake according to pizza dough directions.

*I thought this would be really good with mushrooms, olives and onions as well. So many options with this recipe, I love it! You could also omit the sauce inside and just dip your Stromboli in your favorite marinara...I would suggest Amy Lepore's marinara recipe cause it's the BEST!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Delicious! That is my kind of food! I think I just heard my tummy rumble, mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Amie said...

Looks delicious and easy for one of those in-a-hurry days.

Tricia said...

not that I have something to post, but how do I post something?