Friday, May 29, 2009

REVISED Green Tomatillo Ranch Dressing

It was just brought to my attention that I neglected the mayonnaise from this recipe in my previous post...OOOPS!
Green Tomatillo Ranch Dressing
Puree together in a blender:
about 1 cup of fresh cilantro
3 tomatillos, peeled of outer shell & quartered
1 clove garlic, peeled of outer shell
1 jalapeno pepper*, optional (I'm not a huge spicy food fan, but my understanding is that the smaller the pepper, the more spicy it is. I used a large green jalapeno).

Then add:
1 pouch Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk style dressing
1/3 to 1/2 cup buttermilk, depending on desired thickness
1 cup mayonnaise
1/8 up to 1/2 teaspoon Cheyenne pepper, depending on desired kick.
Blend again until smooth. Refrigerate several hours before serving.

*For extra kick, bottled hot jalapenos may be added prior to the puree step in addition or as a substitute to the fresh one.

This is the recipe used for the 2009 Relief Society dinner. The barbecued pulled pork was purchased at the Springville Meat Company 801-489-6391. Costco sells the uncooked tortilla shells, available in the refrigerator section by the deli foods.

No comments: